- $10 processing fee on USGS Store, Free in person at sites that issue passes
- Available to Current US Military, Veterans, Dependents and Gold Star families. Documentation is required.
- Obtained in person at Federal recreation sites that charge entrance or standard amenity fees. Federal Recreation Sites
- Covers entrance to U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service sites that charge Entrance Fees, and covers Standard Amenity Fees at Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation sites, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers sites.
- Admits the pass owners and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas, or the pass owner and up to additional 3 adults at sites that charge per person.
- Effective January 1, 2021 only one person may sign the Interagency Military Pass. The USGS Store will print your name on your pass. Current Military dependents may obtain their own pass after showing proper documentation (DD 1173).
If I purchased an $80 Annual Pass earlier in the year can I return the pass and get a refund?
Refunds will not be issued.
Who qualifies for the Annual Pass - Military?
1. Current Military and Dependents:
Current members of the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force and National Guard with valid DoD CAC card
Dependents of current U.S. military members with valid DD Form 1173
U.S. Military Cadets
U.S. Active Reservists (Do not need to be deployed)
2. Gold Star Families
Gold Star Families are next of kin of a member of the United States Armed Forces who lost his or her life in a “qualifying situation,” such as a war, an international terrorist attack, or a military operation outside of the United States while serving with the United States Armed Forces, as explained in Department of Defense Instruction 1348.36
Gold Star Family members must self-certify by applying for a Military Pass online at https://store.usgs.gov/MilitaryPass or downloading and printing a special voucher to either present to the ranger, exchange for a Military Pass in person, or place on the vehicle dashboard at unstaffed sites. Gold Star Vouchers may be downloaded from https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/upload/Gold-Star-Family-Free-Access-Voucher.pdf.
Individuals who served in the U.S. Armed Forces, including the National Guard and Reserves, and are able to present one of the following valid non-expired forms of identification when entering or using federal lands:
1) Department of Defense Identification Card (CAC Card, DD Form 2, DD Form 2765)
2) Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC)
3) Veteran ID Card
4) Veterans designation on a state-issued U.S.driver’s license or identification card
When acquiring a pass in person, the actual IDs listed above must be presented. When acquiring a pass online, photocopies or digital images are accepted. Form DD-214 is not accepted.
4. The following individuals/groups DO NOT Qualify for the annual Iinteragency Military Annual Pass:
• Foreign military members (Including those stationed in the U S and have a CAC card)
• National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) employees
• Public Health Service (PHS) members
• Inactive U S Reservists
• Civilian military contractors
• Civilian military employees
Can dependents of National Guard and the Reserve members acquire a pass?
Dependents of deployed military members with DoD Form 1173 may obtain a pass.
Are there any other benefits for military, veterans or Gold Star Families?
In addition to the annual Interagency Military Pass, if you are U.S. citizen or permanent resident age 62 or older you qualify for an annual or lifetime Senior Pass. You can buy a Senior Pass in person from a participating Federal recreation site, office, online, or by mail. If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and have a permanent disability you may qualify for an Access Pass. This is a free lifetime pass that you may obtain in person from a participating Federal recreation site, office, online, or by mail.
Most U.S. national parks and federal recreational lands and waters have resumed operations. The USGS Online Store is operating under normal conditions.
America the Beautiful - National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Military Pass
Please note that Interagency Passes will not be available for immediate download or printing. A physical pass will be shipped to you. For passes with qualifying factors (Senior Pass, Access Pass, and Military Pass) the name of the account holder will be printed on the card. Receipts and electronic scanned images of your pass are NOT valid for use. If you need your pass sooner please visit a site near you that distributes passes: SITES THAT ISSUE PASSES