Skip to main content

Need your pass sooner than two weeks? Please visit a site near you that distributes passes: SITES THAT ISSUE PASSES

IMPORTANT: Interagency Passes are not available for download or printing.  A physical pass will be shipped to you.  Receipts, photos, or copies of your pass are NOT valid for use.

2024 Annual Pass

2024 Annual Pass

2024 Annual Pass

America The Beautiful - The National Parks and Federal Lands Pass (Each pass comes with one signature line for a single passholder)

We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover cards.

About Your Annual Pass

Who qualifies for the Annual Pass?

Anyone 16 years or older may purchase the pass; children under 16 are always admitted free.

What is the America the Beautiful - the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass or "Interagency" Annual Pass?

An $80.00 Annual Pass that provides access to more than 2,000 recreation areas managed by six Federal agencies, with up to 100% of the proceeds being used to improve and enhance visitor recreation services.

Where can I use my Annual Pass?

Please contact a site directly if you have a question about pass acceptance and fees.

The Forest Service, the National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Army Corp of Engineers honor the Annual Pass at sites where Entrance or Standard Amenity Fee(s) (Day use fees) are charged.

Where can I get an Annual Pass?

PLEASE be sure to call a site and verify they are still issuing the passes BEFORE you make a special trip to obtain a pass.

  • Passes may be obtained at hundreds of locations throughout the country, including many Federal recreation sites where they are accepted. See for sites that issue the Annual Pass.
  • Annual Passes may also be obtained through USGS (888-275-8747, option 2), or
  • Passes ordered from USGS ship within 5 business days. Transit time varies, and is dependent upon the service selected:

        • USPS - typically 5-10 business days
        • FedEx Ground - typically 3-5 business days
        • FedEx 2nd day - typically 2 business days
        • FedEx Overnight - typically 1 business day

    If you need your pass within 10 days or less, it is recommended that you either purchase your pass at the first site you visit, or request expedited shipping services for your order.

What should I do if I ordered an Annual Pass through the Internet and it doesn't show up before my trip or arrives damaged?

If your pass does not arrive before your trip starts, or it arrives damaged, you can buy another pass at the first site you visit and return the pass ordered through the Internet for a refund.

If ordered through USGS Internet site ( please return the unsigned pass to:
USGS, Natural Science Network
DFC, Bldg. 810
Box 25286
Denver, CO 80225
Attn: ATB Pass Return
Phone: 888-275-8747, option 2

If I ordered an Annual Pass through the Internet, and have my order confirmation receipt or my credit card statement/receipt, are they valid for entry?

No. Confirmation letters and credit card statements/receipts are not valid for entry or use.

Can gift cards be used to purchase products from the USGS Store?

No. The USGS Store accepts all Credit and Debit cards but gift cards of any kind are not accepted.   

If I forget to bring my pass to a site and pay the entrance or use fee, can I mail in the receipt and a photocopy of my pass and get a refund?

Refunds are not issued. Pass order confirmation letters, credit card receipts, and hangtags without Passes are not valid for entrance or use.

How do I show my pass at a site that doesn't have an entrance station?

At Federal recreation sites that don't have entrance stations you need to display your pass or show proof of pass ownership to compliance officers via one of the two following methods:

A pass can either be displayed on your rearview mirror using a free hangtag or on your dashboard with the signature side showing. Remember, the hangtag itself is only a way to display your Pass, and is not valid for entry unless it holds a valid Pass.

If you own an open-topped vehicle (jeep, motorcycle, etc.) you may obtain a free decal to attach to your vehicle that will serve as proof of payment at sites that don't have a staffed entrance station.


  • Decals are issued on annual basis, even for owners of lifetime Senior/Access passes
  • Decals are NOT valid for entry at staffed entrance sites - you MUST show your pass
  • Decals must be obtained in person and you must show the following: your Pass, driver's license and vehicle registration. The name on all three documents must match.
  • All sites that issue passes issue free hangtags

If I visited a Federal recreation site and paid the entrance or use fee and I have the receipt, can I trade in the receipt and pay the difference to upgrade to an Annual Pass?

Generally, no. When you are making your purchase, you should carefully consider which one of the fee and pass options best suits your needs.

National Parks will ONLY upgrade entrance or use receipts from National Parks to an Annual Pass, and will NOT UPGRADE entrance or use receipts from other land management agencies. Any upgrades must be done IN PERSON AT A NATIONAL PARK, within 7 days of the original entry receipt purchase date.

Currently, the other five land management agencies (USDA FS, BLM, FWS, Reclamation, USACE) do not upgrade day-use entrance receipts to Annual passes.

When does an Annual Pass expire?

Whether you buy the pass for yourself, or as a gift, the Annual Pass is valid for 12 months from the month of purchaseexpiring the last day of that month.

What is NOT covered by the Annual Pass?

The Annual Pass does not cover Expanded Amenity fees such as camping, boat launching, parking, special tours, special permits or ferries.

Also, some facilities and activities on Federal recreation lands (including those mentioned above) are managed by private concessionaires. The concessionaires charge for their services as any private company does and the Pass is not valid for their services.

Can lost or stolen passes be replaced? Is there a way that the serial numbers can be tracked?

No. Due to privacy and logistical considerations, passes cannot be replaced if lost or stolen; a new Pass must be purchased.

If I have more than four people in my car, how many passes do I need?

  • One pass covers the vehicle at sites that charge "per vehicle".
  • At "per person" sites, the applicable fee will be charged for each additional person.

My family is traveling in two vehicles; will one Annual Pass let all of us into the site?

No. Only the vehicle with the pass owner is covered. The second vehicle is subject to an entrance fee, or must have (or buy) a second pass.

Who is admitted with an Annual Pass?

Each Annual Pass admits the pass owner and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas; and pass owner + 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, where per-person fees are charged. (Children under 16 are always admitted free).

Note: Photo identification will be requested to verify pass ownership.

I ride my bicycle into a federal recreation site that charges an entry fee. Can my friends come in with me with my pass?

Yes, generally the pass holder and up to 3 other bicyclists can enter for free. Be sure to check with the recreation site you plan to visit before leaving because there can be differences in the way a pass is honored at different sites.

Can more than one person sign an Annual Pass?

No, all passes allow only one person to sign the pass. Annual Passes issued before 2024 had two signature lines, but that changed to make all passes consistent. Passes are not transferable. 

What about motorcycle riders who purchase an Annual Pass?

One Annual Pass covers one motorcycle, the same as all other passes. Annual Passes issued before 2024 had two signature lines and could allow in two motorcycles, but that changed to make all passes consistent. An unexpired 2023 Annual Pass with two signature lines will continue to allow up to two motorcycles if both riders have signed the pass. 

Does the Annual Pass include any discounts at Cooperating Association bookstores, or at gift shops that are located in the Federal Recreation sites?

No. The Annual Pass does not provide discounts at Cooperating Association bookstores or on-site gift shops.

Is an Annual Pass valid at State Parks or local city/county recreation areas?

No. The Annual Pass is valid at participating Federal recreation sites. 

Does the Annual Pass provide any discounts on Expanded Amenity or Concessionaire (Concessioner) Fees?

No. The Annual Pass does not cover discounts on any Expanded Amenity or Concessionaire (Concessioner) Fees such as: camping, RV hook-ups, boat launching, backcountry permits, parking at Mount Rushmore, guided cave tours at Wind Cave National Park, or parking at some historic monuments or homes.