As U.S. national parks and federal recreational lands and waters begin to safely expand access and resume operations, the full suite of Interagency Passes is again available for purchase. The USGS Online Store will be following a phased return to full operations. Please be aware that delays in fulfilling online pass orders may occur.
America the Beautiful - National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Access Pass
Access Pass Instructions
To order the Access Pass online:
- Save your Acceptable Documentation (listed below) as a JPEG, GIF, PNG, or PDF (cannot exceed 20 MB).
- Place your order through the store and submit payment
- After you submit your order, you will be prompted to upload documentation. Your order IS NOT COMPLETE until this upload is complete.
- After your order is complete, a physical pass will be issued through the mail. Receipts and electronic scanned images of your pass are not valid for use.
Due to an unexpected increase in demand for the Access Pass please expect to receive your pass in 4-5 weeks. If you need your pass sooner please visit a site near you that distributes passes: SITES THAT ISSUE PASSES
A copy of ID issued by an authorized U.S. agency such as your driver's license, passport, or state issued ID & Documentation that proves permanent disability such as:
- Statement by a licensed physician (Statement must include: that the individual has a PERMANENT disability, that it limits one or more aspects of their daily life, and the nature of those limitations.) ;
- Document issued by Federal agency such as the Veteran's Administration, Social Security Disability Income, or Supplemental Security Income;
- Document issued by a State agency such as a vocational rehabilitation agency.
About your Access Pass
- A free, lifetime pass, plus a $10 handling fee. - available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States that have been medically determined to have a permanent disability (does not have to be a 100% disability) - that provides admittance to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies.
- May also be obtained free in person at a federal recreation site.
- Provides entrance or access to pass owner and accompanying passengers in a single, private, non-commercial vehicle at Federal operated recreation sites across the country.
- Photo identification may be required to verify ownership.
- Passes are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE, and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- The cost of obtaining an Access Passs through the USGS is ten dollars ($10). The pass itself is free, and there is a ten dollar fee for processing the application. Applicants must provide documentation proof of residency and documentation of permanent disability. If you cannot order an Access pass online, you can submit a paper application by mail to the USGS using the paper application and enclosing the same documents and $10 fee.
- At many sites the Access Pass provides the pass owner a discount on Expanded Amenity Fees (such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and guided tours).
- Generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.
- See Access Pass Benefits section.
Download Brochure in Another Language
Select your language by choosing the corresponding flag: