Most U.S. national parks and federal recreational lands and waters have resumed operations. The USGS Online Store is operating under normal conditions.
America the Beautiful - National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Access Pass
Access Pass Instructions
To order the Access Pass online:
- Save your Acceptable Documentation (listed below) as a JPEG, GIF, PNG, or PDF (cannot exceed 20 MB).
- Place your order through the store and submit payment
- After you submit your order, you will be prompted to upload documentation. Your order IS NOT COMPLETE until this upload is complete.
- After your order is complete, a physical pass will be issued through the mail. Receipts and electronic scanned images of your pass are not valid for use.
A copy of ID issued by an authorized U.S. agency such as your driver's license, passport, or state issued ID & Documentation that proves permanent disability such as:
- Statement by a licensed physician (Statement must include: that the individual has a PERMANENT disability, that it limits one or more aspects of their daily life, and the nature of those limitations.) ;
- Document issued by Federal agency such as the Veteran's Administration, Social Security Disability Income, or Supplemental Security Income;
- Document issued by a State agency such as a vocational rehabilitation agency.
About your Access Pass
- A free, lifetime pass, plus a $10 handling fee. - available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States that have been medically determined to have a permanent disability (does not have to be a 100% disability) - that provides admittance to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies.
- May also be obtained free in person at a federal recreation site.
- Provides entrance or access to pass owner and accompanying passengers in a single, private, non-commercial vehicle at Federal operated recreation sites across the country.
- Photo identification may be required to verify ownership.
- Passes are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE, and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- The cost of obtaining an Access Passs through the USGS is ten dollars ($10). The pass itself is free, and there is a ten dollar fee for processing the application. Applicants must provide documentation proof of residency and documentation of permanent disability. If you cannot order an Access pass online, you can submit a paper application by mail to the USGS using the paper application and enclosing the same documents and $10 fee.
- At many sites the Access Pass provides the pass owner a discount on Expanded Amenity Fees (such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and guided tours).
- Generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.
- See Access Pass Benefits section.