USGS Store

Who can sign the Pass?

One pass covers everyone in a non-commercial vehicle at sites that charge "per vehicle."

The Pass has two signature lines. The pass is not valid until it is signed, so the Current US military member or dependent must sign the pass with first and last name when the pass is issued. The second signature line is optional, but may only be signed by another Current US military member or dependent. One of the signers must be present when using the pass.

Are there any benefits for veterans?

There is not a pass specifically for veterans; however, many veterans qualify for one of the other discount passes offered as part of our pass program.

If you are 62 or older you qualify for a Senior Pass. You can buy a Senior Pass in person from a participating Federal recreation site or office or by mail.

If you have a permanent disability you may qualify for an Access Pass. This is a free lifetime pass that you may obtain in person from a participating Federal recreation site or office or by mail.


  • Free
  • Available to Current US military members and the dependents of deployed military in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, as well as most members of the Current US Reserves and National Guard. Proper military ID is required (CAC Card or DoD Form 1173).
  • Obtained in person at Federal recreation sites that charge entrance or standard amenity fees.

How can I tell the difference between a Standard Amenity, Expanded Amenity, Special Use Permit, or a Concessionaire (Concessioner) Fee?

Since the pass program is managed by six Federal agencies that operate under different regulations and charge different types of fees, it can be confusing to sort out fees, terminology, and to distinguish between a "Federally-managed facility/activity" versus a "concession-managed facility/activity".

Please see the Definitions section for further details, but more importantly, please contact a site directly if you have a question about pass acceptance and fees.